Vision and Mission
Our vision is a strong philanthropic sector that collaborates to create a more prosperous Arkansas for all Arkansans.
Consistent with our mission and our values, Arkansas Impact Philanthropy affirms that:
We believe in equity.
In our equitable Arkansas, everyone, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, ability, religious affiliation, immigration status, or language is treated justly and fairly by our state’s institutions and systems.
We are committed to systemic change.
We seek to understand the historical roots of inequity, particularly caused by racism, and to address the systems that perpetuate inequity. We use our position, our power, our voices, and our resources to support the creation of more equitable systems that serve and support all Arkansans.
We know that change requires more than words. It requires action. And we are committing now. Arkansas Impact Philanthropy will use the Equity Statement as a framework to guide our priorities and our collective action.
Our Equity Statement commits us to:
Educate ourselves. As individuals and a collective, we will continue learning about the historical roots of inequities. We use disaggregated data to understand and elevate where systems create disparate outcomes for some Arkansans based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, ability, religious affiliation, immigration status, or language.
Listen. We are committed to listening to communities about what they need. Philanthropy does not hold the answers, but has the ability to respond in ways that are relevant and impactful.
Speak. We courageously use our social, moral, and reputational capital to support systemic change.
Fund. We support organizations that take on systems and drive equitable outcomes. In particular, we invest in black- and brown-led organizations, and trust them to lead the change necessary to a more equitable and just Arkansas.
Learn more about how AIP developed and evolved by reviewing key milestones along our journey.
1. We are a diverse group of funders that believe in the importance of a strong, prosperous, equitable Arkansas where every resident can thrive.
2. We take on big issues acknowledging that we go further together using our collective resources and influence to address Arkansas’s most pressing issues at scale.
3. We advance equity in the state by analyzing the root causes of issues we seek to address and focusing on removing barriers that prevent some Arkansans from being successful because of race, gender, geography, or other factors.
4. We listen and learn from communities and center their voices as we seek solutions.
5. We embrace collaborative co-investment to maximize resources and impact, whether through pooled funding or member-to-member partnerships and we actively seek to bring new resources– from national foundations, government, or otherwise- to advance the change we seek.
6. We acknowledge the value of our nonprofit sector and desire to build its capacity and access to resources- not compete with the nonprofit sector we see as our stakeholders.
7. We leverage existing institutions and capacity to boldly spark new infrastructure when warranted.
Diversity — Our membership, partnerships, stakeholders, and resources represent the diversity of Arkansas. To work in collaboration and achieve impact, we embrace the ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, religion, language, and socio-economic diversity of Arkansans. Further, we believe we are stronger when informed by the geographical and cultural interests of our respective foundations.
Equity — Everyone in Arkansas, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, ability, religious affiliation, immigration status, or language should be treated justly and fairly by our state’s institutions and systems.